Florida Jackknife Accident Attorney
Commercial truck accidents in Florida happen often. Florida travelers need to exercise caution because semi-truck crashes, especially jackknife accidents, can have a devastating impact on your life.
Passenger vehicle occupants have a higher risk of being injured or killed when involved in commercial truck vehicle accidents. Since large commercial trucks, semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, big rigs, and eighteen-wheelers pose a threat to motorists.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, there are over 500,000 truck accidents every year. Five thousand of those accidents ended in fatalities and over 100,000 in injuries. Florida and Georgia have some of the highest rates of truck accidents in the US.
Florida Jackknife Truck Accident
Jackknife accidents occur when a semi-truck trailer swings and forms a 90-degree angle with the tractor. The big rig takes on a “V” shape that resembles a closed jackknife.
Jackknife truck accidents can be dangerous because the commercial truck sweeps several cars into the “V” section as it slides down the highway and folds in on itself. Also, other vehicles may crash into the truck because they cannot avoid the vehicle collision.
Jackknife truck accidents may also happen during a rollover accident. Rollover truck accidents are dangerous as well because a heavy 18-wheeler can crush passenger vehicles under the weight of the tractor and trailer. If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, contact Fasig | Brooks for a free consultation today.
Florida Jackknife Accident Causes
If you’re involved in a jackknife accident, it could be for a few reasons. The factors that contribute to the cause of your jackknife accident will be unique to your crash.
When negligence is the root cause of your commercial truck accidents, you could recover damages in your claim. Common issues that contribute to jackknife truck crashes include:
- Speeding, especially around turns and curves
- Sudden braking and slamming on the brakes
- Overloaded and incorrectly secured cargo
- Defective truck parts and systems
- Reckless actions of other motorists
- Driver errors
- Impaired driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Drowsy driving and driver fatigue
- Distracted driving and texting while driving
- Traffic infractions
- Weather and road conditions
Jackknife truck accidents are usually caused by driver error. Jackknifes are more likely to occur when a trucker suddenly slams on the brakes. That’s why truck drivers are typically liable in Florida for jackknife accidents. If you’re in need of an experienced Florida truck accident attorney, consult with Fasig | Brooks right away.
Florida Jackknife Truck Accident Liability
Commercial truck drivers aren’t the only individuals that can be held liable in a truck accident. There are often many companies and individuals who can be held responsible for a severe accident with a semi-truck.
The parties who may bear a degree of liability for your injuries include:
- Cargo loaders
- Cargo owners
- Cargo shippers
- Direct supervisor
- Faulty parts manufacturer
- Maintenance and repair crews
- Other motorists
- Road construction companies
- State and federal agencies
- Trucking company
- Truck owner
Identifying the correct liable parties for your claim is vital to securing damages in your claim. Pursuing the appropriate parties responsible for your jackknife accident increases the chance you receive full compensation for all damages.
Securing the services of a professional jackknife accident attorney can help you better understand your options and what steps to take. Speak with our commercial law specialists right away to get started on your Florida personal injury accident claim.
Florida Jackknife Accident Damages
The types of damages you can recover for injuries caused by a jackknife truck accident often include economic and non-economic damages. Some examples of damages our clients have recovered include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of current and future income and benefits
- Reimbursement for medical costs and expenses, including nursing care
- Cost of personal care and help with household chores
- Long-term care for permanent impairments
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Property damage reimbursements
- Reduced quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages
Our Florida truck accident lawyers will fight for maximum compensation in your truck accident claim. Although financial recuperation won’t undo all the hurt that your jackknife accident has caused, monetary compensation can help you to recover and pay for your ongoing care.
How a Florida Jackknife Accident Attorney Can Assist
Truck accidents, although catastrophic, can occur in an instant. The fallout that occurs in the aftermath of a jackknife accident could drag on for weeks, months, or years. Dealing with these types of accidents can lead to endless frustration.
Personal injury law professionals recommend that you contact an experienced attorney after a commercial trucking incident. The lawyers at Fasig | Brooks can help you reclaim what you’ve lost by:
- Conducting an accident investigation into who’s liable for your damages
- Monitoring your truck accident investigation by the insurance provider, government agencies, and law enforcement offices
- Gathering photo and video evidence of the truck crash from traffic cameras and surveillance cameras
- Collaborating with your physicians, medical experts, and financial professionals to document the extent of your injuries and calculate the value of damages
- Managing your filing deadlines and insurance claims
- Advocating on your behalf and handling all communication with the negligible parties involved in the accident case
- Connecting you with the correct medical personnel to accurately assess, document, and treat injuries.
- Gathering witness testimony
- Securing accurate driver records of those involved
- Helping you obtain a satisfactory rental or replacement vehicle
- Seeking a full, fair, and just compensation for your property damage
- Negotiating for your settlement, medical bills, and financial compensation
- Litigating your claim in court for maximum compensation.
Insurance companies and their legal team representing will fight to reduce your damage payment as much as possible. They’re generally uninterested in the details of your policy and the legitimacy of your claim. If you feel that you’ve been offered a lowball settlement, contact Fasig | Brooks.
Our attorneys are adept at determining who’s liable, recovering damages on our client’s behalf, and exploring all the options that lead to just compensation. Fasig | Brooks work contingently, meaning they won’t get paid until you do. Sit down with them for a free consultation to discuss your jackknife truck accident right away.