Tallahassee Rollover Accident Attorney
Florida is one of the states with the most car accidents, according to Florida Crash and Citation Reports & Statistics, including rollover accidents. These accidents can happen to car and truck drivers, complicating things even more since heavy trucks can spill cargo and cause more damage.
When people get hurt because of a rollover accident in Tallahassee, a Fasig | Brooks’ attorney can help them get compensation for damages. That is one of the best ways a victim can face medical treatments, rehabilitation therapy, and the bills that often come with them.
The Importance of Hiring a Tallahassee Rollover Accident Attorney
While everyone is entitled to present an insurance claim or a legal case to get compensatory damages for a rollover accident in Tallahassee, hiring an attorney tends to bring better results for the victims. According to The Insurance Research Council (IRC), the higher verdicts granted by Florida courts often go to claims presented by a lawyer.
But there are many other benefits a rollover accident victim can get by having a lawyer by their side. For instance, a Tallahassee rollover accident lawyer can conduct a private investigation to prove how the other driver is at fault and take care of the legal process while the affected driver recovers from injuries.
Compensation Can You Obtain for a Rollover Accident in Tallahassee
Obtaining compensation for damages can be difficult for people who have never been in an accident before, mostly for those who also suffered an injury and are still recovering. But an experienced rollover lawyer in Tallahassee can determine their damages, gather bills and receipts and calculate an appropriate amount to cover all the victim’s losses.
There are mainly two types of compensatory damages granted in car accidents in Tallahassee, Florida: Economic damages and non-economic damages, which depend on the particular circumstances of the accident and the impact of your injuries.
Claiming Economic Damages for a Rollover Accident
Economic damages are the most common damages in rollover accident claims. They are meant to compensate Tallahassee rollover accident victims for all the financial or monetary costs and expenses they experienced due to the accident.
The most common economic damages our attorneys recover for our clients are:
- Emergency services. Many rollover victims need an ambulance to take them to a hospital and EMTs who can mitigate the pain and provide first aid.
- Hospital bills. Depending on your injuries, medical attention can be particularly expensive in Florida Hospitals.
- Property damage. A rollover accident can damage your car beyond repair and cause your belongings inside to break apart.
- Rehabilitation therapy. Injuries from a rollover accident can change a person’s life and limit their cognitive and physical abilities. Many of them need to take rehabilitation therapy for years and even decades.
- House improvements. A rollover accident victim may need to use a wheelchair and build ramps and new doors to adjust to their new condition.
- Lost wages. An accident can prevent victims from coming back to work, affecting their finances and income source.
A Fasig | Brooks’ attorney can take a look at your case and determine which damages you can recover for those and other injuries.
Can I Pursue Non-Economic Damages?
In most cases, the answer is yes. However, you must talk to your attorney about your case to be sure. Non-economic damages are awarded to compensate the victims for losses that may not be related to finances. In a rollover accident, non-economic damages can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of earning capacity
But these damages are difficult to calculate, and many insurance companies ignore them completely. Talking to a rollover car accident attorney about the many impacts an accident had in your life can help them determine which economic or non-economic damages you can claim.
Statute of Limitations for Rollover Accidents in Tallahassee
Florida gives four years to victims of rollover accidents to file a legal claim for damages. However, there are some benefits of talking to an attorney as soon as the accident happens. That is because some circumstances can cut that time in half. And if you miss the date, you risk losing your right to pursue compensation.
A Tallahassee car accident lawyer can help you determine how much time you have left. And they can even get an extension for you if your period is about to expire. But they need to have experience in Rollover accidents.
Common Injuries Sustained in Rollover Accidents
Many factors around rollover accidents can make them dangerous or even fatal. Unfortunately, some injuries can also have long treatments and jeopardize an entire family’s economy. The most common injuries our attorneys handle in rollover accidents in Tallahassee include the following:
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs). A rollover accident can cause herniated discs, back injuries, and even damage to the spinal cord.
- Fractures. Victims often present fractures in their legs and arms.
- Soft Tissue Injuries. Injuries such as cuts, bruises, and strains are common in many car accidents.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs). Traumatic brain injuries are common when the head is hit during a rollover accident.
- Internal Injuries. Many victims suffer internal bleeding and liver, spleen, and kidney damage.
- Cuts and Lacerations. Broken glass and debris can cause cuts and lacerations ranging from minor to severe.
- Psychological Injuries. Many victims develop stress, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder due to a rollover accident.
These injuries often represent medical bills and prolonged treatment periods, but they can also deter a victim from returning to work and affecting their finances.
Talk to a Tallahassee Rollover Accident Attorney Today
Victims of rollover accidents may be entitled to compensation if another party is at fault for their injuries. But the best way to determine the type of compensation you can claim is by opening up your case with an attorney you can trust. They can determine liability and calculate how much damages you deserve.Our attorneys handle rollover accidents consistently and can bring decades of combined experience to your case. Contact our Tallahassee rollover accident lawyers today. Fasig | Brooks can answer your legal questions confidently in a first consultation free of charge.