A truck accident attorney in Tallahassee, FL can help you after being injured in a truck accident. Tallahassee truck accidents can have devastating consequences for the victims, not only on their injuries but also on their finances and emotional stability.
However, it is important to note that most victims are entitled to pursue damages, particularly when someone else’s negligence caused the accident. A Tallahassee personal injury lawyer can look at your case, answer all your questions, and help you recover the compensation you need.
Actions to Take After a Tallahassee Truck Accident
There are some things a victim can do right after a truck accident to deal with injuries and protect their right to claim damages. Our Tallahassee Attorneys have seen hundreds of cases like yours, and these are their recommendations:
- Call emergency services. Calling emergency services will send EMTs and police officers to the scene. Emergency Technicians can take care of your injuries, and police officers will write a report. And your attorney can use that report to support your claim for damages.
- Gather evidence and information. You can also take videos or photos of the vehicles involved, your injuries, and other relevant information, such as poor road conditions or lack of signaling.
- Avoid talking to insurance adjusters. Insurance companies often try to diminish or deny claims to save some money to the company. That’s why some adjusters will try to get your statement of the accident immediately and then use your words against you. Still, you can gently refuse and talk immediately to your lawyer.
- Consult a Truck accident attorney. Your Tallahassee lawyer will protect you from insurance adjusters and help you build a case for the compensation you need to take care of your damages after a truck accident.
How Much Is My Tallahassee Truck Accident Case Worth?
All accidents in Tallahassee are different, and your attorney needs to look at your case to calculate an appropriate compensatory amount. However, some damages are commonly granted in truck accidents caused by negligence, such as:
- Medical bills. All your medical expenses, including hospitalization, surgeries, and medication.
- Lost wages. If you missed days at work because of your injuries, a truck accident attorney could help you recover those days’ wages.
- Damage to your property. Costs of repairing or substituting your vehicle and any other property lost during the truck wreck.
- Pain and suffering. Your non-economic damages may include compensation for your pain and suffering as well.
- Emotional counseling. Some people will develop anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder due to a severe truck accident.
- Wrongful death. If you lose a loved one in an accident, you may be entitled to claim compensation for their wrongful death.
Wrongful Death in Tallahassee Truck Accidents
Some truck accidents can end a victim’s life, and in those cases, surviving family members may be entitled to pursue compensation for their loved one’s wrongful death. However, it is necessary to talk to your attorney because not all family members can file a claim.
If the victim had a legal representative, they are entitled to file a claim, but spouses, parents, and adult children of the victim may also be entitled. Your attorney can answer all your questions and help you pursue damages for your loved one’s lost wages, pain and suffering, funerary and burial expenses, and probably many more.
Statute of Limitations for a Tallahassee Truck Accident
Florida statute of limitations for a truck accident is two years. So, if a trucker’s negligence injured you, you have up to two years to present a claim. Still, getting a legal representative as soon as possible is important because many details can affect and reduce your time.
Before getting to court, most cases can be solved in a financial settlement, but your attorney needs time to evaluate your case, collect evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies. Therefore, it is necessary to consult an experienced attorney and to keep the statute of limitations in mind because missing the date could also mean losing your right to pursue damages for good.
Do I Need a Truck Accident Lawyer in Tallahassee?
Everyone is entitled to file a legal claim on their own. But it is important to understand that filing a legal claim is an extensive and complicated process that requires a lot of paperwork, time, and effort, which is not easy for someone still dealing with injuries or a loved one’s loss.
But there are many more reasons to hire a legal representative to handle your accident. For instance, Fasig | Brooks specialized attorneys often do many things for our clients, such as:
- Conducting a private investigation. Our law experts can work with all the evidence you possess, but they can also get new evidence on your accident from CCTV cameras around the accident area and from the accident scene.
- Interviewing witnesses. Our truck accident lawyers can contact and interview witnesses, and they know exactly what to ask and how. An experienced lawyer can also contact qualified experts to support your case.
- Determine liability. Truck accidents can be particularly complicated because there are many parties involved. Your lawyer will determine who is responsible for your accident and claim compensation for your damages.
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. Your lawyer can deal with insurance companies on your behalf. That way, no insurance adjuster will take advantage of your situation.
- Represent you in court. When the liable parties refuse to admit they are liable, your attorney can switch gears and present a legal claim in a Florida court.
A Tallahassee Truck Accident Lawyer Is Ready to Help You
If you were the victim in a truck accident in Tallahassee, you must talk to a legal expert as soon as possible to file a claim for damages. Compensation for damages may be the best way to cover your recovery and get closure after such a traumatic experience.
Our Law professionals are ready to review your case at no cost in a strategic consultation. But we can also work on your case on a contingency basis; that way, you don’t need to pay anything upfront and still get the best legal service possible in Tallahassee. So contact Fasig | Brooks today and schedule your free consultation.