As a personal injury law firm, Fasig | Brooks warmly welcomes each of its clients into its extended family. Many of the team’s clients are going through one of the most difficult times in their life and are incredibly vulnerable. Even so, Fasig | Brooks fights to empower those clients as the team represents the clients’ best interests.
The team wants to inspire that growth mindset in the next generation of students. That’s why the team now offers its “Come Back Stronger” Scholarship, a scholarship worth $2,500, to incoming and current college students.
The firm wants to hear students’ stories of struggle and growth in the form of three- to five-minute video essays. Students have until July 15, 2024, to submit all of their application materials through Fasig | Brooks’ website.
Applicants applying for the “Come Back Stronger” Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- You are an incoming or current undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college, graduate school, or university in the United States
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You accept the scholarship’s terms and conditions
- You include all of the scholarship’s necessary application materials alongside a video describing a challenge you’ve overcome in your lifetime
Students who do not meet these requirements but attempt to submit their applications for the “Come Back Stronger” Scholarship will not be considered for financial support.
Students who want to apply for the “Come Back Stronger” Scholarship should craft a video on the scholarship topic provided below. Upon completing that video, students should:
- Fill out the application form on this page
- Upload a copy of your unofficial transcript
- Create a video on the proposed topic and submit the link through the form
- Submit proof of enrollment/acceptance to an accredited college/ university/ graduate school (Student ID, letter of acceptance, etc.)
Scholarship Video Topic
Create a short video (3-5 minutes) presenting a life-altering obstacle you faced (an injury, illness, losing a loved one, or any other major event). Fasig | Brooks gives participants creative freedom, so how you represent your story is up to you (it can be a speech, animation, film, or other presentation forms).
How you rose above the obstacle can be an inspiration to others fighting their own battles.
Students have until July 15, 2024, to complete their videos and send the links to the videos, along with their other scholarship application materials, to Fasig | Brooks. The firm will not consider applications submitted after the submission deadline or without all of their appropriate materials.
The firm’s scholarship committee then reserves up to three months to consider the application pool. During this time, the firm cannot accept calls, emails, or other forms of communication asking questions about the scholarship. The firm will not provide students or their families with updates on the progress of a student’s scholarship.
Fasig | Brooks will reach out to students if questions about a student’s scholarship video arise.
Terms and Conditions
All applicants to this scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page, including:
- Applicant must be enrolled at a college, university, or graduate school
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the age of enrollment
- Applicant must have residency in the United States
- Applicant must be in good academic standing
- Applicant must submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment.
- Applicant must author an original video on the scholarship topic provided.
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of Fasig | Brooks
- Past recipients of the “Come Back Stronger” Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of Fasig | Brooks if they were to be awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants who submit the same video for multiple scholarships
Selection & Award Notification Process
Students who want to be considered for the “Come Back Stronger” Scholarship must submit their application materials by July 15, 2024. Fasig | Brooks and its scholarship selection committee will not consider incomplete applications or applications submitted after the scholarship deadline passes.
Once the scholarship application period closes, Fasig | Brooks will form a scholarship selection committee out of its existing staff. Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s choice of scholarship winner.
Fasig | Brooks will not be able to provide individual applicants with status updates regarding their scholarship applications. The firm cannot answer questions regarding the scholarship, nor will it send notification of a winner to non-winners.
The scholarship winner can expect to hear from Fasig | Brooks by email. The firm will then announce the winning students on its blog as well as by press release. The winning student and their family can then expect Fasig | Brooks to communicate directly with the student’s institution of choice to ensure an appropriate transfer of funds.
Your personal information will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties.
We reserve the right to use the winners’ names and photos in any announcement or communication related to the Scholarships, on Fasig | Brook’s website, in marketing materials, or social media posts.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.
Fasig | Brooks celebrates the debut of its “Come Back Stronger” Scholarship. The firm looks forward to celebrating its future winners (maybe even you) with blog posts and press releases shared here.