If your child or another loved one suffered serious or fatal injuries in a swimming pool accident, you deserve justice and compensation. When the unthinkable happens, our compassionate Florida swimming pool accident lawyers are here to help you hold the negligent party accountable and obtain a financial recovery for all you’ve endured.
While nothing can change what happened, pursuing a personal injury or wrongful death claim can provide you with a sense of justice and allow you to recover financially. Hiring an experienced Florida personal injury attorney from Fasig | Brooks can help you prove another party caused the accident and is liable for your losses.
Contact us now for a free case evaluation.
Factors Contributing to Swimming Pool Accidents in Florida
Swimming pools offer a refreshing escape, especially in Florida’s warm climate, but they can also pose significant safety risks. Pool owners should be aware of the common causes of swimming pool accidents to prevent potential harm.
Here are some of the most prevalent factors contributing to Florida pool accidents:
- Lack of supervision: Inadequate supervision is a common cause of drownings and other swimming pool injuries. It’s essential for a responsible adult to actively monitor the area and supervise swimming, especially when young children are playing in or around the pool.
- Slip and fall hazards: Slip and fall accidents can happen around the pool as a result of wet surfaces, inadequately maintained decking, and other hazards. Pool owners must implement reasonable safety measures, such as slip-resistant deck materials.
- Lack of fencing: Drowning is a serious problem in Florida, particularly among young children. Lack of restrictive barriers, like pool fencing with locking gates or out-of-reach latches, can allow unfettered access to the pool, increasing the risk of child drowning accidents.
- Defective equipment: Defective or malfunctioning equipment, such as filters, drain covers, and diving boards, can lead to serious accidents. Pool owners should inspect the pool and associated equipment regularly to ensure everything is functioning correctly and minimize accident risks.
- Lack of warning signage: While it’s no substitute for supervision, clear, visible signage stating rules, pool depth, and potential hazards go a long way in facilitating pool safety. Inadequate warnings in public places can increase the likelihood of pool injuries, as visitors may not know the facility’s safety guidelines and potential risks.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a swimming pool accident, an attorney from Fasig | Brooks can provide legal guidance and support.
The Consequences of a Drowning or Near-Drowning Incident
A near-drowning incident can result in brain injury due to oxygen deprivation, leading to cognitive, motor, and sensory impairments. Additionally, lung damage and respiratory complications can affect survivors’ overall health and quality of life.
Beyond the emotional toll, drowning-related disabilities come with substantial financial costs. Medical expenses, from initial emergency treatments to ongoing care and rehabilitation, can be overwhelming. The medical costs for a near-drowning victim can range from tens of thousands to millions of dollars over a lifetime, depending on the severity of the injuries.
If you or a loved one has a drowning-related disability, obtaining compensation can help ensure a better quality of life and access to ongoing medical care and support. Our attorneys understand the complexities of such cases and are dedicated to helping you navigate the legal process.
Time Is of the Essence in a Florida Swimming Pool Accident Case
When seeking compensation after a swimming pool accident in Florida, understanding the time constraints imposed by Florida law is essential.
Each state has a statute of limitations that sets a specific timeframe for filing a legal claim to pursue damages. In Florida, this timeframe is usually two years from the accident date. Barring unique circumstances, you will lose your right to seek compensation if you fail to take action before the deadline.
While two years may seem like ample time, the complexities of building a strong case, gathering evidence, and negotiating with insurance companies require careful consideration and thorough preparation. Waiting until the last minute can lead to rushed decisions and compromised outcomes.
Contacting an attorney soon after an accident allows them to conduct a comprehensive investigation, collect crucial evidence, and build a strong case. It also provides time for insurance negotiations and, if necessary, preparing for litigation. Reaching out to us now can maximize your chances of securing a fair settlement or court award.
Contact Our Swimming Pool Accident Lawyers in Florida
After a devastating accident, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. At Fasig | Brooks, we’re here to offer you the guidance, support, and legal expertise you need to navigate this difficult time. Our Florida Swimming pool accident law firm is dedicated to ensuring that your rights are protected, and your voice is heard.
Don’t let an insurance company talk you into accepting an inadequate settlement. Instead, let us evaluate your claim and pursue the maximum compensation available in your case. When you hire one of our attorneys, our team will meticulously investigate the circumstances of the accident, gather crucial evidence, and build a strong case for financial compensation.
Contact us today and take the first step toward justice.