Florida Construction Accident Lawyer
You may need to talk to a Florida construction accident attorney as soon as possible since construction sites can be particularly dangerous. And many accidents can cause devastating injuries with physical and financial consequences. If you were hurt in a construction accident in Florida, you might need the assistance of a law expert who can guide you through the claim process.
Fasig | Brooks’ team has represented hundreds of construction accident victims. Our experienced attorneys have helped our clients fight for their rights and recover the compensation they deserve to cover their damages after a severe injury.
Common Causes for Construction Accidents in Florida
Many factors can cause a construction accident in Florida, including negligence, faulty safety measurements, and equipment malfunction -just to mention a few. But understanding the nature of these injuries can help you navigate your injury case and provide your attorney with elements to build a case.
These are some of the main causes of construction accidents in Florida:
- Falls from heights. A worker can fall from scaffoldings, stairs, or roofs, which can lead to catastrophic injuries or even wrongful death. These accidents are often caused by a lack of security equipment or faulty safety measures.
- Heavy machinery accidents. Construction sites involve heavy machinery and equipment that can cause severe injuries when not properly operated. Lack of training is often a reason behind these accidents.
- Falling objects. Unsecured materials, tools, and other falling objects present a risk for construction workers all across Florida.
- Electrical accidents. Electrical installations are necessary for most construction sites. But they can present a risk when security measurements are inefficient.
Injuries present in most construction accidents in Florida
Since every construction site is different, construction accidents can cause a variety of injuries. These are some common injuries in construction workers in Florida.
- Traumatic brain injury. Falling objects and falls from heights can cause severe head damage, such as traumatic brain injury.
- Spinal cord injuries. Accidents caused by heavy machinery, defective power tools, or vehicles can cause a spinal cord injury, which can be very costly to heal and require long-term medical care.
- Broken bones. Lack of proper equipment, wet floors, or falling objects can cause accidents and broken bone injuries. Fractures can be painful and can affect a victim’s life long-term.
Damages and Workers’ Compensation in a Florida Construction Accident
There are many things to consider to calculate an appropriate amount for your damages. But the most important aspect to note is workers’ compensation. If your employer has workers’ compensation benefits, it will be practically impossible to file a claim for damages against them. But it is possible you can still recover damages from other sources.
It is necessary to talk to your construction accident attorney because they can help you determine who is liable for your accident and then file a civil lawsuit against them. That is particularly useful when workers’ compensation is not enough to cover emotional distress and other non-economic damages.
Economic and Non-Economic Damages in Florida Construction Site Accidents
If you were injured in a Florida construction accident, you may be entitled to pursue a variety of damages to compensate for your losses. It is wise to get familiar with these types of damages to ensure you recover the compensation you deserve.
- Economic damages. These damages cover all your financial losses from the accident, such as medical and rehabilitation costs, drug therapy, surgeries, lost wages, or reduced earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. Non-economic damages are meant to compensate victims for losses that do not have a price tag but can greatly affect a victim’s life, such as pain, suffering, emotional anguish, or loss of life enjoyment.
In some cases, punitive damages may also apply. But it only happens in cases involving extreme prejudice or negligence, and only a judge or jury can decide how much they are worth.
The Role of Liability in Florida Construction Accidents
Determining fault in a construction accident injury may be complicated since many parties can share liability for the accident. Your construction accident lawyer will determine who is responsible for pursuing damages from them, but also to recover the highest compensation possible.
The most common liable parties in construction accidents are:
- Property Owners. Property owners are obliged by law to maintain a safe environment for workers and visitors. If your accident was caused by their negligence or failure to address safety hazards, they may be liable.
- General Contractors. General contractors are responsible for safety equipment and protocols. And they can be accountable when they fail to implement safety measures.
- Equipment Manufacturers. Malfunctioning equipment can cause severe injuries to the victims, and if the accident was caused by a defective piece or part, the manufacturer may be liable for them.
Importance of Hiring a Florida Construction Accident Attorney
Navigating the complexities of the claim process can be a challenge, particularly when the victim is undergoing physical and emotional injuries. But an experienced legal representative can take care of your legal claim and increase your possibilities of recovering compensation.
These are some of the functions of our construction accident attorneys in Florida cases.
- Answer all your questions. Your attorney will listen to your story and provide you with legal advice on your specific case. But they can also let you know how much damages you can recover, who can be liable, and how long the process will take.
- Conduct a private investigation. Fasig | Brooks attorneys can conduct a private investigation to determine who is at fault for your accident. We will contact and interview eyewitnesses and find relevant pieces of evidence to support your case.
- Calculate compensation. An experienced attorney can look at all your bills and receipts and demand compensation for every dollar you paid, but they can also calculate and claim non-economic damages for your pain, suffering, and emotional trauma.
- Pursuing damages. Either through a financial agreement with the liable parties or a jury verdict, Our construction accident lawyers are ready to fight for your compensation at a negotiation table or a Florida Court.
Talk to a Construction Accident Lawyer in Florida
If you were hurt in a construction accident in Florida, you might need to talk to an experienced construction accident attorney as soon as possible. Remember, there is a limited time to present a claim, and there are many steps before recovering financial compensation for damages.
It is possible to overcome your injuries by taking legal action against the liable parties, but you need to contact the legal team at Fasig | Brooks to determine who is liable and which is the best way for you to recover compensation. Contact one of our attorneys today and schedule a strategic consultation at no cost.