Losing a loved one in a fatal car accident is devastating and leaves families searching for answers and justice. The grief and shock of such a sudden and traumatic loss can be overwhelming. At times like these, having an advocate by your side is critical.
The Florida car accident lawyers of Fasig | Brooks will understand the emotional effects of your loss while remaining focused on protecting the legal rights and interests of you and your family. We have helped numerous Florida families who have suffered through the reality of losing a loved one in a car crash.
Our Fatal car accident lawyers in Florida are compassionate, caring, and dedicated to obtaining the maximum compensation you deserve for your loss. With our assistance, you can begin moving forward while ensuring the memory of your lost loved one is honored through fair and proper legal action.
Collecting Compensation from the Insurance Company Can Be Challenging
The insurance adjuster may seem sympathetic, but they are not on your side. Even if you are a client of that particular company, their job is to reduce or deny the claim to preserve profits. However, a fatal car accident lawyer understands the tactics insurance companies use and can defend you against exploitation.
Here are some common ways insurance companies try to reduce or deny claims in fatal car accident cases:
Blame the Deceased
They may claim the victim was partially at fault or contributed to the accident through some action, which could reduce or eliminate the payout. The insurance company may:
They may argue that their insured was not actually negligent or liable for causing the accident, seeking to deny the entire claim.
They may argue that the amount of damages being claimed, like loss of financial support or pain and suffering, is inflated or unreasonable. An experienced car accident attorney in Florida can negotiate aggressively and present evidence to back your claim.
They may intentionally delay responding to the claim, negotiating or making an offer, hoping the family will eventually settle for less.
Offer Insufficient Settlement
They may make an initial settlement offer that is much lower than the actual value of the claim, hoping the family will accept it.
Deny Medical Costs
They may refuse to cover all of the victim’s medical and funeral expenses, forcing the family to pay some out of pocket.
Argue Preexisting Conditions
They may claim the victim had preexisting medical conditions that contributed to their death, not just the accident.
If the deceased had alcohol or drugs in their system, the insurance company may claim this contributed to the accident.
Claim Insufficient Evidence
They may argue there is not enough evidence to prove the liability of their insured driver, seeking to deny the claim entirely.
So in many ways, insurance companies try to minimize or avoid paying out the full amount a family deserves after a fatal car accident. An experienced Florida auto accident attorney can recognize and counter these tactics to maximize compensation for their clients.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me With My Claim?
A fatal car accident attorney in Florida can guide your family through the complex legal process of pursuing a wrongful death claim. We will investigate to determine if negligent or reckless actions by another party caused the crash and fatal injury.
If so, an attorney can file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of your loved one’s estate to seek justice and compensatory damages for your family’s losses.
Your Florida wrongful death lawyer will:
- Submit all documentation and ensure filings are completed accurately and within the legal time frame
- Handle all communication with insurance companies
- Gather and evaluate evidence to build a strong case
- Protect your rights and defend your loved one against any allegations of liability
- Prepare your claim for court and pursue justice vigorously
How Are Damages Justified in a Fatal Car Accident Claim in Florida?
Here are the main components an attorney will establish to justify damages in a fatal car accident claim:
- Medical and funeral expenses: Your attorney will gather all bills and receipts for the victim’s medical treatment prior to death, ambulance fees, and funeral/burying costs to establish these financial losses.
- Lost financial support: Your Florida fatal auto accident lawyer will document the victim’s income, job history, and amount of financial support they provided family members. Experts may calculate the total financial loss.
- Loss of companionship: Our team will build a profile of the victim’s role in providing love, affection, guidance and moral support to establish the loss of companionship suffered by family members.
- Grief and mental anguish: While difficult to precisely calculate, the attorney will describe the deep and lasting emotional impact the tragic death has had on family members to justify grief compensation.
- Loss of services: Your wrongful death attorney will document any services or duties the victim performed for family members that must now be obtained elsewhere, like childcare or household help.
The more thorough and well-documented all of these damages are with supporting evidence, receipts, expert testimony, witness statements and the like, the stronger our position will be to justify the full amount of compensation being claimed from the insurance company.
A skilled attorney with Fasig | Brooks will build an exhaustive and compelling case for all applicable damages to maximize the settlement value of your fatal car accident case.
We are committed to fighting vigorously to ensure you receive the maximum compensation for your loss. Nothing can bring back your loved one, but with our assistance, you can find some small measure of justice and the peace of mind you deserve.
Contact a Florida Fatal Car Accident Law Firm for a Free Case Evaluation
After losing someone you love in a tragic car accident, you have enough heartache without having to navigate the complex legal system alone. Our Florida fatal car accident attorneys have the experience and resources to manage every aspect of your case so you can focus your energy on healing.
Please contact us at your earliest convenience to arrange an initial consultation – there is no obligation and no fee unless we obtain compensation on your behalf.
We will begin by listening carefully to understand what you and your family need most and then provide our expertise, dedication, and compassionate support every step of the way.